Endodontist for Root Canal Therapy in Great Neck, NY
At Passes Dental Care, we are proud to have an in-house endodontist, a specialist in the area of soft tissue inside the tooth. Endodontists, who perform root canals, receive advanced education after graduating from dental school and typically only deal with endodontic-related problems. Passes Dental Care offers customized, comfortable treatment to provide the top root canal services in Great Neck and beyond!
A root canal is a procedure that extracts decayed pulp from the central part of the tooth, reshapes the canal, and replaces it with strengthened filler.
A common misconception is that a root canal is a painful procedure. Actually, root canals are similar to having a cavity filled. Our skilled team always works to ensure your root canal treatment will be as painless and stress-free as possible!
Do I Need A Root Canal?
There are a number of reasons a root canal may be necessary, including:
- Inflamed/infected tooth pulp
- Severe sensitivity to hot and cold elements
- Tooth decay
- Chipped or broken tooth
- Injury to the tooth
- Swelling or tenderness near the infected tooth
- Repeated dental procedures on a tooth
When left untreated, these problems can lead to severe tooth decay reaching the root of the tooth, causing extensive damage to the tooth structure. When the damage goes beyond what can be treated with a filling, one of our friendly doctors can perform a root canal to preserve the tooth and retain its original integrity.
How Does Root Canal Treatment Work?
The root canal procedure involves the following steps:
- The patient undergoes anesthesia.
- A dental dam is used to isolate the tooth.
- The tooth is opened to allow for removal of infected or dead dental pulp.
- The tooth is comprehensively cleaned, including any cracks and canals.
- With special tools, the doctor reshapes the canals.
- The tooth is filled again with cutting edge biocompatible filling material.
- A temporary covering is used to cover the access opening.
- Following a recovery period, the patient will return for the placement of a permanent restoration.
Are you having dental health concerns? Need to schedule an appointment? Our dental team provides a comprehensive service list to care for our patients' smiles. Whether you need gentle root canal therapy, a restoration, or preventive care, we can do it all!
Schedule Your Root Canal Treatment
At Passes Dental Care, we work with each patient individually to discuss the details of their recommended treatment and any possible alternatives. If a root canal is what you need, you can feel confident you’ll get the gentle, quality treatment you need at Passes Dental Care. Call today to schedule your root canal evaluation!