At Passes Dental Care in Great Neck, NY, we strive to provide the highest quality dental care to all of our patients, no matter their dental needs. Our Great Neck dentists understand that each patient is different and deserves their own individualized treatment plan. For patients with sensitive teeth this is often the case. Tooth sensitivity is incredibly common and we will work with you to find the root of your sensitivity and how to cope with it.
Main Causes of Tooth Sensitivity
Sensitive teeth are quite common and there are no “at-risk” groups for it, it can truly happen to anyone. The primary causes of tooth sensitivity include the following:
- Brushing too hard or in an aggressive manner
- Gum recession
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Plaque buildup
- Teeth grinding
- Eating acidic foods
- Dental procedures
- Whitening treatments
One or many of these factors may be adding to your tooth sensitivity. If you feel pain or pressure when chewing foods, drinking or eating hot or cold foods and beverages, or overall soreness when brushing your teeth, please contact your dentist in Great Neck, NY. We want to ensure that your teeth are healthy and we get to the root of the issue.
Effectively Treat Your Tooth Sensitivity
If you are experiencing any type of tooth sensitivity, first you should make an appointment with Passes Dental Care and see one of our expert dentists. Our dental team will want to rule out any harmful tooth damage first. If a specific reason cannot be found, our Great Neck dentist may recommend the following:
- Use a desensitizing toothpaste. There are many brands of toothpaste that are made for people who have sensitive teeth. Our dental team can recommend a toothpaste that will work with your teeth and ease your sensitivities.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Hard-bristled toothbrushes can often damage the enamel on your teeth and therefore make them more sensitive.
- Avoid consuming highly acidic foods. Acid can break down the enamel on your teeth and expose the dentin, which can cause sensitivity.
- Use a fluoridated mouthwash to strengthen your enamel.
- Avoid grinding your teeth. If this is seen as a consistent issue, your Great Neck dentist may recommend a mouth guard for sleeping to prevent further grinding.
Contact Passes Dental Care in Great Neck to Ease Your Tooth Sensitivity Today!
For tooth sensitivity or any other type of dental concern, please never hesitate to contact Passes Dental Care. Our skilled dentists will be happy to examine your teeth and mouth to determine the most appropriate dental treatment plan for your unique situation. Passes Dental Care is conveniently located in Great Neck, NY, and proudly serves patients from Manhasset, Roslyn, Little Neck, and the surrounding communities. To confirm your next visit, contact our office directly at 516-858-5921 or schedule an appointment online. We look forward to seeing you soon!