At Passes Dental Care our main priority is creating and maintaining healthy smiles for every patient that visits our Great Neck, NY Practice. We are proud to provide both general and cosmetic services to be able to treat a wide variety of dental issues.
Understanding The Value Of Your Teeth
Over the course of your life, you only get two sets of teeth: your “baby teeth” and your permanent teeth. It’s important for both children and adults to understand how to take care of each and every tooth to maintain a bright, beautiful smile! Our team cleans and manages your complete set of 32 teeth, which include:
- 8 incisors, the teeth at the front of the mouth
- 4 canines, the fang-like teeth to the side of your front teeth
- 8 bicuspids, the side teeth that are behind the canines
- 4 first molars, the smaller set of molars
- 4 second molars, the larger set of molars
- 4 third molars, also known as “wisdom teeth”
Oral Hygiene & Dental Tips
Studies have shown that when you have good dental health, your overall health is greatly improved! Poor oral hygiene can result in chronic conditions including diabetes, heart disease, and even strokes. To avoid these problems, dentists recommend:
- Brushing twice a day and flossing once a day
- Check-ups every 6 months to avoid tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss
- Eating a diet low in sugar and high in fruits and vegetables
- Avoiding cigarettes and other tobacco products
- Maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle
Answers To Common Children’s Dental Health Questions
- A child’s first visit to the dentist should occur before 12 months of age
- Run a damp washcloth over your child’s teeth after feeding once teeth first erupt.
- Use a small amount of toothpaste once the teeth grow larger
- Your child should have enough teeth by the age of 2 to begin brushing with supervision
- Dental sealants are thin plastic coatings applied to children’s molars to prevent cavities
Contact Our Great Neck, NY Dental Office Today
We are always happy to answer any questions that you might have about our dental practice, services or to help you book an appointment. Please do not hesitate to contact our Great Neck, NY office with any questions. Dr. Passes and his staff looks forward to welcoming you into the Passes Dental Care family!